Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990.Python can be easy to pick up whether you’re a first time programmer or you’re experienced with other languages.Python is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, making it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial use.
Advantages of Python over other languages:
- Python is a Beginner’s Language. Its code is easy to read and you can do a lot of things just by looking at it.
- You can execute a lot of complex functionalities with ease, thanks to the standard library.
- Python supports Object-Oriented style.
- Supports multiple systems and platforms.
- You can actually sit at a Python prompt and interact with the interpreter directly to write your programs.
- You can build GUI applications easily.
Current Stable Versions:
For Python2.7 -> 2.7.13
For Python3 -> 3.6.1
Most of the code will be written in Python2.7 as it supports large number of libraries.
How to download Python2.7 ?
Please use below link to download Python2.7 and download Python2.7.13 or above version.
Eclipse Editor for Python:
To write Python scripts, we use Eclipse editor.
Download Eclipse editor from below link
Download latest Java from below link
- Please download Eclipse and Java software based on your system configuration(32-bit or 64-bit).
- Both Eclipse and Java software should be same version (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
- Don’t mix match Eclipse and Java software versions. Eg: Eclipse 32-bit and Java 64-bit will get error.
Installing Eclipse for Python Project:
For creating Python projects, we need to install one time Pydev software plugin to Eclipse.
Open Eclipse, Go to “Help” Menu and Click “Install New Software”.
Click “Add” button and give Name as “Pydev” & Location as “http://pydev.org/updates” and then click “OK”.
Select “PyDev” option and click “Next”
Now click “I accept the terms of the license agreements” button and click “Finish”.
Click “Brainwy Software;PyDev;Brainwy” option and click “OK”.
Restart eclipse by clicking “Yes” button.
For creating new Python project, select File -> New -> Other
Select “PyDev Project” and click “Next”.
For configuring Python interpreter, click on link “Click here to configure an interpreter not listed.” and click “OK”
Give Project Name and Directory path and click “Finish”
At this stage, we have successfully created new Python project in Eclipse editor.
What we do at QAProgrammer ?
- Create test plan/test scenarios based on business requirement document.
- Create test Automation scripts/framework from test plan/test scenarios.
- Provide test Automation results and reports daily to clients.
- Find bugs and report them to clients.
- Update and maintain test Automation scripts.