We live in a world where Generative AI is ruling in every aspect. We all experienced Artificial Intelligence’s rise in November with OpenAI’s top-class invention ChatGPT. It is safe to say that ChatGPT created a sensation in today’s techy world. We cannot forget about Microsoft’s Bing Chat and Google’s Bard which were introduced in February and March respectively.
Bing Chat and ChatGPT use the same kind of technology which is GPT-4. So let’s focus on the big titans of AI chatbot technology, ChatGPT and Google Bard.
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot developed by OpenAI that generates human-like responses based on text input. It has been trained on a huge amount of internet text called a large language mode(LLM). It was initially built on a family of large language models commonly known as LLMs or GPT-3.
OpenAI has recently announced that its next-gen GPT-4 models are live. ChatGPT is perfectly tuned for conversational applications by using a combo of supervised and reinforcement learning techniques.
Google Bard on the other hand is designed by Google and it’s an AI-powered chatbot similar to ChatGPT which is used to simulate human conversations using natural language processing and machine learning. Bard can be integrated into messaging platforms, and in-house websites to provide more realistic answers to the users.
Google Bard is built on a language called PaLM 2 which stands for Pathways Language Model 2.
Google named its AI chatbot “Bard” in reference to its creative and storytelling abilities. The word Bard commonly stands for a poet or storyteller.
Findings of ChatGPT
· Introduced by OpenAI
· Requires user’s email address
· Requires monthly fee to use ChatGPT plus
· Good for productivity
Findings of Google Bard
· Developed by Google.
· Requires user’s Google account
· Absolutely free.
· Gives more accurate and relevant information
The word on the street is that Bard is more trustworthy. Here’s why
· Provides information from 2021 or earlier. It is not updated.
· Presents facts without proper sources.
· Draws real-time information from the internet and that’s why it’s up-to-date.
· Supports the answers with multiple sources and logical reasonings.
Internet users claim that Bard has more personality and it couldn’t be more true.
· Gives concise answers to factual questions
· Capable of more complex ethical reasoning.
· Gives more detailed answers usually so that the user understands it better.
· Gives simpler and clearer answers that are human-like.
Google Bard is developed more around search and it aims to allow more NLP(Natural language processing) based queries rather than just keywords. This is why it is more conversational.
Also, Bard’s access to other Google apps like YouTube, Maps, and Gmail can make it easier to give accurate, relevant answers.
Pros of ChatGPT
· Faster response time: ChatGPT is better than previous generations of AI chatbots because of the speed of its responses, which makes is super efficient and superior. ChatGPT Plus is much faster than Google Bard.
· Human-like responses: ChatGPT has been trained on large amounts of data which makes it easy for the chatbot to give human-like responses.
· User-friendly: From writing letters to e-mails to songs. There’s nothing that ChatGPT cannot do. Its simple, user-friendly interface makes it easy for users to access and use it effectively.
Cons of ChatGPT
· Limited accuracy and relevancy: ChatGPT’s latest update was September 2021 and its responses may contain errors since it gives answers based on trained data. You might receive outdated answers sometimes.
· Hidden bias: ChatGPT might produce biased responses due to the dataset it is trained on. The source material itself may contain biases, which can affect the responses offered by ChatGPT. For instance, ChatGPT is not great at answering questions that are not in English and often produce multiple errors.
· No real-world understanding: As we know ChatGPT is an AI chatbot and it is limited to the dataset it was trained on. The responses are only based on data that’s been trained but not on human experiences.
Pros of Google Bard
· Ability to generate high-quality text: Bard has the capability to produce human-like text which can be used for a wide variety of tasks from responding to queries to summarizing and translating text.
· Huge dataset: Google Bard can give more comprehensive responses than smaller models because it is pre-trained on a massive dataset of text and code.
· Versatile tool: Google Bard can assist in creating a variety of text, from job descriptions to hiring letters to writing emails, which makes it a versatile tool for all businesses and enterprises.
· Can write code in a dozen programming languages: Even from the prompts given in natural language, Google Bard can generate code for simple and complex tasks alike in several programming languages like Python and Dotnet.
· International Language support: Bard supports U.S. English, Japanese and Korean and can translate other languages.
Cons of Google Bard
· Computational resources: Large transformer models use a lot of computational resources.
· Limited responses: While Google Bard is an expert at answering common questions and providing basic information, it might struggle when confronted with highly specific or niche-related topics. In such cases, the chatbot might offer generic or incomplete answers.
· Partially Experimental Nature: At the end of the day Google Bard is an AI Chatbot and Its limited training data can result in gaps in knowledge and understanding, leading to inaccurate or incomplete responses in certain situations. Its responses may fall into a generic category when given deep, really specific complex prompts.
Ultimately, the best platform for you will depend on the task you need to accomplish, your requirements and specifications.
Because ChatGPT is so versatile and customizable, a lot of organizations and individuals can benefit from it. It is super beneficial to increase productivity and many entrepreneurs are making the most out of it.
The imaginative Google Bard can provide outstanding material for many uses. It can be a game-changer for generating content that’s more natural and human-like.
These chatbots are constantly improving as companies like Google, and OpenAI feed them more data, add new updates, and make adjustments, so we can expect to see the greatest performance from them in the near future.